A. Write a brief essay (suggested length of 3 pages) that describes how you would teach rounding with mixed decimals to the nearest tenth and include the following:
1. Identify the grade level for which the lesson or activity is designed.
2. Identify the prerequisite concepts and skills students have learned prior to this lesson or activity.
3. Describe the concepts and skills that will be presented in this lesson or activity.
4. Explain how to teach rounding with decimals to the nearest tenth.
5. Describe the activities and tasks you will use.
6. Include at least three specific examples or tasks that are designed to check student understanding of rounding with mixed decimals to the nearest tenth and to detect any conceptual and/or procedural errors.
7. Describe conceptual and procedural errors (example problems and/or possible student misconceptions) involving rounding with decimals to the nearest tenth that would be particularly difficult for students to handle. Describe how you would remedy such situations in your classroom.
B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.Rubric-10.doc