Part 4 Discussion:
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–400 words that
respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be
substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The discussion assignment for this
week will be a review of the Key Assignment Draft from other students. Your
first task is to post your draft to the discussion area so other students will
be able to review your work. Attach your document to your main discussion post
and include any notes you feel are appropriate in the post. You are not being
graded on your Key Assignment Draft at this point. The purpose of this
assignment is to help improve the quality of your Key Assignment.
- Post a copy of your Key Assignment to the Discussion
- Post a summary about your presentation for your
colleagues that includes the following:
- Highlight the key points of your project plan as
applicable to your project scenario.
- Add information about possible changes to the scope of
the plan and its effects on the overall project plan relative to time,
people, and budget.
You should then review at least 2
other student's draft report and provide meaningful feedback. Refrain from generic feedback, such as simply stating
"good job." Your feedback to other students will be most helpful
if you not only point out weak areas but also offer suggestions for
improvement. The best feedback takes a three-stage approach to identify
what was done well, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
Here are some thoughts regarding phase 4 assignments.
- Phase 4 IP should have your project deliverables
- Phase 4 IP should include your project information from phases 1 -3. It
should have your project WBS information as well as the org chart of your
- Phase 4 IP should also include your MS project file for your project (new to
phase 4 if you don't have MS project from phase 2).
- Phase 4 DB should have two parts. One is the posting part
- you can discuss the key points of your own project, as well as add
information about possible changes to the scope of the plan and the impacts to
time, people, and budget. The other part
is to attach your phase 3 IP for your classmates review. Of course, you need to
reply to your classmates.