1st Required Live Viewing Critique
Death of a Salesman, starring Dustin Hoffman, and The Glass Menagerie, starring Katherine
Hepburn. Both of these productions have maintained the stage "feel" of the original.
Length: 400-600 word minimum
Watch Death of a Salesman on Netflix and then write 400 words
And watch the Glass Menagerie and then write 400 words.
BRIEF COURSE DESCRIPTION:
This is a survey study of various performances, including classical
and contemporary plays. The course content consists of fourteen
programs streamed on this website . These are taped performances
from distinguished BBC productions and feature leading actors,
directors and designers of the world theatre. Discussions will cover
textual analysis, design concept, performances and critical viewing.
You will also be required to view and critique live productions during
the course of this semester.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Identify the dramatic components of a play.
2. Evaluate the elements that comprise the mounting of a
3. Describe how particular plays are direct responses to the historical and
environmental factors which form their cultural context.
4. Identify the influences that formed 20th century dramatic
5. Classify a play by structure and genre.
6. Critically review a production by standards of craft and artistry.
7. Make informed choices among the many viewing options offered
a theatregoer in the Bay area.
Purchase answer to see full