To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
- Getting to Know the Law
Choose one of the assignment options below to complete this week’s assignment:
Using any one of the options listed above,
- Identify the six key components of IDEA.
- Identify the five key components of NCLB with a specific focus on children with disabilities.
- Compare and contrast how both major laws are integrated to ensure overall academic gains and any major conflicts specific to students with disabilities.
- Explain at least five ways the laws were created to work together to ensure equal access to education for students with disabilities.
- Explain at least three specific differences between the two laws with an emphasis on benefitting students with disabilities.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Must have a minimum of two additional scholarly, peer-reviewed sources in addition to the textbook.
- Must be three to four pages in length for a paper, at least ten slides for a PowerPoint presentation, or five to seven minutes long for a video.
- Must be properly formatted in APA style.
I choose PowerPoint.