Assignment 2: Analysis of a Job
Reflect on the jobs that you have held. Next, create a job description and
job specifications for your favorite position thus far. You will propose a
training program for that position, and you will consider the primary ways in
which someone occupying the position in question might experience the four
classic career stages.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Create a job description for and describe the job specifications of your
favorite position thus far. If you have not yet been employed, create a job
description for and describe the job specifications of your dream job.
- Outline a compensation and benefits package that you believe would be
appropriate for the position in question. Indicate the research that you have
done and the relevant considerations that influenced the design of the
compensation and benefits package.
- Examine the traditional career stages and determine in which stage you
resided when you held the position in question. If you have not yet held this
position, determine in which stage an individual may reside if employed in the
position. Provide an explanation for your determination.
- Develop a plan to avoid declining employee performance during the
maintenance and disengagement stages in which you:
- predict at least two (2) reasons why some employees might stagnate and
ultimately disengage from their work
- suggest key strategies that employees may use to avoid such stagnation and
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Discuss job analysis, job descriptions, and specifications.
- Explain effective approaches to the broad spectrum of employee relations,
including career development, fostering ethical behavior, discipline, labor
relations, and dismissals.
- Analyze various techniques, considerations, and designs of employee
- Analyze orientation, training, and development programs that improve
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following