You are the writer for the popular blog BevTastic.com, and you write about new products often. Select a global food and beverage brand of your choice to use in studying customer buying behaviors throughout the session. Use the following Web site to make your choice: www.foodproductdesign.com.
Primary Task Response: write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Examine 1 brand from your selected company.
- Draft a piece for your blog by writing a brief product description about your selected product’s features and benefits.
- Based on the product description, create a brief profile of the type of customer you believe would be interested in this product.
- List 2 demographics, such as age and education, that you believe the model customer would possess.
- List 2 psychographics, such as lifestyle or other habits, that you believe the model customer would possess.
- Justify your blog piece by explaining why you believe your customer’s profile matches the product.
- Part 2
4–6 PowerPoint slides, with 140-160 words per slide
Research is the cornerstone of understanding the customer. Various tools exist to help you understand how the customer views or perceives a brand, with the ultimate goal of influencing him or her to buy the brand.
An advertising agency created the brand asset valuator (BAV), which applies 4 factors to a brand: differentiation, relevance, esteem, and knowledge. Click here to study the BAV and see how this system affects the perceived value of a brand.
Create a PowerPoint presentation that describes the research tools that you can use to find out more about customer buying behaviors. Your PowerPoint presentation of 4–6 slides should be in the following format:
- Slide 1: A description of your brand
- Slide 2: A description of your target customer
- Slide 3: A description of BAV
- Slide 4–5: 2 factors from BAV that you will use to connect the brand with your customer
- Slide 5–6: Conclusion slide about why these factors are important in making your customer aware of the brand, with the end goal of influencing their buying behavior