Assignment 4.1: Report Plan
Due Week 7 and worth 140 points
report plan is a plan written for the professor explaining what the
report will consist of. Your audience is the professor. (The report plan
is different than the actual report.)
Create a plan that
identifies what information you will need to prepare a justification
report making a recommendation to an organization to implement a
particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a
business, governmental, professional, or social focus.
report may focus on a “real” or “made-up” recommendation, but you should
direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to
submit the report.
For the report, the audience within the
organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a
decision on the topic of your report.
- Identify the recipient of the report. (To what organization will the recommendation be directed?)
- Identify the topic of the report. (What product, service, or program will you recommend?)
- Identify the purpose of the report. (What need or problem will the product, service, or program resolve?)
- Identify potential resources that will be needed for support.
- Identify methods to be used to gather information.
criteria to be used to evaluate the information collected. (What
factors will you consider to make your recommendation?)
Your assignment must:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Apply writing process strategies to develop formal business reports and / or proposals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to selected topics.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.