The assignment has four parts:
1. Tableau training: http: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/training
2. Examine the data sets – Browse several data sets to decide which one to use for the rest of this assignment. Decide on one, and then use the systems to explore it further. Use a set that is interesting to you.
3. Develop three interesting questions about the data set – Put yourself in the shoes of a data analyst, and think about all the different kinds of analysis tasks that a person might want to perform with your chosen data set. For instance, someone working with breakfast cereal data might have analysis tasks like:
• Find all the information on Cocoa Pebbles.
• Identify the cereal with the least fat that is also high in fibre.
• What is the distribution of carbohydrates in the cereals?
• Does high fat mean high calories?
• Which of the following three cereals is best for people on a diet?
Do NOT make all of your questions be about correlations or min or max values.
4. Write a report – List your three questions and answers.
Explanation & Answer
Running head: DATA SET ANALYSIS
Data Set Analysis
DATA SET ANALYSIS
Data Set Analysis
The data set used for the analysis was obtained
from https://www.tableau.com/learn/articles/free-public-data-sets. The data set is based on
Google trends associated with cupcakes. Since 2004, a significant percentage of people around
the globe have used the Google search engine to obtain information related to cupcakes.
Therefore, the dataset obtained narrow down the trends regarding search types, categories, time
ranges, and location. The data analysis will help in answering questions such as;
What are the common categories of cupcake searches?
Which countries have the most searches?
Which year has the highest number of searches?
1. What are the Common Categories of Cupcake Searches?
The following graph shows the differen...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
by George Eliot
The Joy Luck Club
by Amy Tan
Fear - Trump in the White House
by Bob Woodward
by Virginia Woolf
Underground A Human History of the Worlds Beneath our Feet
by Will Hunt
by Miguel de Cervantes
by Anonymous Anglo-Saxon poet
Into the Wild
by Jon Krakauer
The Scarlet Letter
by Nathaniel Hawthorne