Please consider the following scenario:
You are in a southern state, rural county, or traditional culture tremendously behind the rest of the country and extremely economically depressed. The Sheriff's Office has three female deputies out of 100. All three female deputies work in administrative positions; none work in patrol, in the jail, in the courtroom, as detectives, etc. The Sheriff's Office does not have a crime scene unit or a dedicated individual who is trained in crime scene investigation. No one attends continuing education training in crime scene investigation. There is no modern equipment available that was purchased by the Sheriff's Office for use by the officers for crime scenes and the Sheriff does not choose to call upon the State Bureau for assistance under any circumstances.
You want to be a crime scene investigator and to be the best crime scene investigator you can be because your sincere desire is to serve the People. You are hired as a rookie by the Sheriff's Office with promises of being a crime scene investigator.
Please respond to the following prompt:
- How might the internal politics of this Sheriff's Office affect your chosen career path?
The minimum expectation for class discussions is to respond directly to each part of the discussion prompt and to respond to at least two other posts, either by a student or instructor, by the end of the week:
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.
- Submit one main post responding directly to each part of the discussion prompt.
- This should be a substantive response to the topic(s) in your own words, referencing what you have discovered in your required reading and other learning activities.
- You may use resources in addition to your textbook that support your post(s); however, you must mention the source(s) that you used in your post(s).
- Reply to at least two posts. Responses can be made to students or to your instructor.
- Responses to other individuals' posts should:
- Expand on their ideas.
- Discuss the differences between your thoughts and theirs.
- Explain why you agree or disagree.