Here are the 10 questions you’re most likely to be asked in a job interview:
Open-ended questions are ones that require more than one word answers. The answers could come in the form of a list, a few sentences or something longer such as a speech, paragraph or essay.
1. Tell me about yourself. (No idea how to answer this? See these suggestions.)
2. What interests you about this opening? (Or why do you want to work for us?)
3. What do you know about our company so far?
4. Why did you leave your last job? (Or why are you thinking about leaving your current job?)
5. Tell me about your experience at ___. (Fill in past job.)
6. What experience do you have doing ____? (Fill in each of the major responsibilities of the job.)
7. Tell me about your strengths.
8. Tell me about a time when… (Fill in with situations relevant to the position. For instance: Tell me about when you had to take initiative … you had to deal with a difficult customer … you had to respond to a crisis … you had to give difficult feedback to an employee … You get the idea.)
9. What salary range are you looking for? (See these suggestions for answering questions about salary.)
10. What questions do you have for me? (You can find ideas for your own questions here.)
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer