Assignment 4.2: Report – Draft Version
Due Week 9 and worth 170 points
Write a formal justification report to an organization making a
recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The
organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus.
The report may focus on a “real” or “made-up” recommendation, but you should
direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to submit
the report. The audience within the organization will be whatever level is most
appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report.
Write a minimum of two to four (2-4) single-spaced report pages (not
including the table of contents, transmittal form, executive summary, or title
- Organize the reports by section headings.
- The report should contain relevant and applicable graphics (at least one
- The findings should be based on research, including at least one  primary
source and at least three (3) secondary sources. Sources should be credible and
reliable (no Wikipedia).
- The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business, i.e.,
single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for the business report.
- Headings, figures, and appendices should follow guidelines of APA style. All
in-text citations and the references page should be cited according to APA
style, Sixth edition guidelines.
- Title page
- Transmittal (1 page)
- Table of contents
- Executive summary (1 page)
- Problem statement
- Method used
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written
- Apply writing process strategies to develop formal business reports and / or
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.