1. The Effectiveness of Mentorship at PWIs to Students of Color (African Americans)
2. Effectively Mentoring Students of Color (African American) at PWIs
(Attached to this is the actual document to complete the assignment.)
In the prospectus, proposal and dissertation there are ten key or strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. These points, which provide a guide or vision for the research. The ten strategic points emerge from researching literature on a topic, which is based on or aligned with, the defined need in the literature as well as the researcher's personal passion, future career purpose, and degree area. You have practiced identifying the ten points in published studies, the next required skill is to define the ten points for an original as yet conducted research study. In this assignment, you will consider a potential gap in the literature that is emerging from your ongoing reading in your field of interest including
including no less than five specific research studies, and you will draft the 10 Strategic Points for a potential dissertation research study based on that identified gap.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Important note: Successful completion of this assignment does not indicate that this topic and the related 10 Strategic Points have been approved for use as your dissertation research study topic.
- The College of Doctoral Studies recognizes the diversity of learners in our programs and the varied interests in research topics for their dissertations in the Social Sciences.
Dissertation topics must, at a minimum, be aligned to General Psychology in the Ph.D. program, Leadership in the Ed.D. Organizational Leadership program, Adult Instruction in the Ed.D. Teaching and Learning program, Management in the DBA program, and Counseling Practice, Counselor Education, Clinical Supervision or Advocacy/Leadership within the Counseling field in the Counselor Education Ph.D. program.
If there are questions regarding appropriate alignment of a dissertation topic to the program, the respective program chair will be the final authority for approval decisions.
Specifically, although the College prefers a learner’s topic align with the program emphasis, this alignment is not “required.” The College will remain flexible on the learner’s dissertation topic if it aligns with the degree program in which the learner is enrolled. The Ph.D. program in General Psychology does not support clinically based research.
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: THE EFFECTIVENESS OF MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS AT PWI’s To
STUDENTS OF COLOR
The Effectiveness of Mentorship Programs at PWI’s To Students of Color
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS AT PWI’s To STUDENTS OF
1. Many students of color have been suffering silently at Predominantly White Institutions
(PWI’s) throughout the country. An in-depth examination of this issue indicates that
these students of color have academic capability but do struggle to maintain positive
well-being in school environment that may sound unwelcoming and hostile to them.
2. Persistent issues faced by students of color in Predominantly White Institutions (PWI’s)
include issues such as social isolation, devaluing, stigma and rejection. When students of
color are exposed to environment of rejection and hostility, they fail to thrive well in such
3. According to the current research, regardless of positive patterns of academic success
among students of color, without effective mentorship program many of these students
are more likely to experience low self-esteem, poor emotional health, poor satisfaction
with campus life which may eventually lead to college dropout.
4. Effective mentoring program provide a positive experience and enable students of color
in Predominantly White Institutions (PWI’s) to navigate the campus experience and
improve their academic outcomes.
5. Enhancing mentoring efforts at Predominantly White Institutions (PWI’s...