Review the IOM report, "The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health," and explore the "Campaign for Action: State Action Coalition" website. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession.
Include the following:
- Describe the work of the Robert Wood Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
- Outline the four "Key Messages" that structure the IOM Report recommendations. Explain how these have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development. Provide examples.
- Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions. Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
- Research the initiatives on which your state's action coalition is working. Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state's action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
- Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
Explanation & Answer
Attached is the answer to your question, thank you.
Running head: THE FUTURE OF NURSING
The Future of Nursing
THE FUTURE OF NURSING
Describe the work of the Robert Wood Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the
IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative was purposely established to contribute to
perfecting the future of nursing. The foundation was involved in undertaking many studies on
significant factors affecting the many factors in nursing. Apart from extensive research, the
foundation initiative also engages in nursing education, practice, and workforce development.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has been keen on promoting nursing efficiency by
combining forces with other nursing bodies. In 2008, the foundation linked up with the Institute
of Medicine (IOM) and developed the “Future of Nursing” report that explored various factors
that should be modified to improve nursing in the future. The intensity of the analyzed factors
triggered the interest of healthcare stakeholders including the California government that got
involved in the implementation of the recommendations. The report was completed in two years
with a program that assessed the transformation of patient care in all levels of Nurse-patient
interaction. The program was further improved in 2010 when Robert Wood Johnson and the
IOM came up with a blueprint guiding people on the ways of transforming healthcare through
the modifca6tion of the relevant professionals. Since healthcare mainly involves the provision of
services, the Foundation and IOM concentrated on the correlation between the professionals and
the services they give.
Outline the four "Key Messages" that structure the IOM Report recommendations.
Explain how the...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
by Hermann Hesse
Death Of A Salesmen
by Arthur Miller
by Niccolò Machiavelli
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
by Marie Kondo
by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The Age of Innocence
by Edith Wharton
Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde
by Robert Louis Stevenson
by Min Jin Lee
The Rhythm Section
by Mark Burnell