1. Both the private and the public sector want to acquire goods and services at reasonable
2. Acquisition, technology, and logistics, also referred to as AT&L, is the community that
fulfills agency needs by adjusting to changes in current technology and spending taxpayer
dollars wisely in accordance with policy.
3. Contracting has always been formal, and the relationship between the government and
the contractor has always been a formal one.
4. Historic legislation such as the Securities and Securities Exchange acts (1933 and 1934,
respectively) have little to no influence on how the government currently conducts
business with the private sector.
5. Socioeconomic regulations can determine how sources are selected for soliciting, and, as
a contracting professional, you may be required to set aside a percentage of contracts for
small businesses only.
6. If you were a contracting officer assigned to a military base, you would not handle
contracts for pens, computers, janitorial services, or IT services for the base.
7. All of the items below represent aspects of the private sector EXCEPT __________
A. The best interests of stockholders
B. The profit motive
C. Competition as a motivating factor
D. The best interests of taxpayers.
8. All of the items below influence the acquisition environment EXCEPT __________
A. National and world events
B. The private sector
C. Technological improvements
D. Congressional acts
9. The primary role of contracting professionals is to purchase __________.
A. The right stuff, delivered at the right time
B. The right stuff, at the right price
C. The right stuff, using smart business arrangements
D. all of the above
10. All of the following are Department of Defense (DoD) organizations EXCEPT
A. The U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force
B. the Children's Defense Fund (CDF)
C. The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
D. The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
11. All of the following are potential acquisition team members EXCEPT the ____...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer