Imagine you are a policymaker or city council member and are actively
involved in improving the lives of the vulnerable. Via the first two
written assignments, you have already selected one vulnerable
population, which is in need of a new program or service within your
community. You will research and design a presentation (APA style Paper
or PowerPoint Presentation), which you will present at the next city
meeting to advocate for your special population group.
The Final Project should demonstrate an understanding of the reading
assignments, class discussions, as well as your own research and
application of new knowledge. It must contain the following elements
below and be re-written in your own words (you are welcome to refer to
your previous assignments for guidance, but do not copy and paste from
- A description of why this population group is vulnerable and in desperate need for help within your community.
- Identification of the health service needs of this special population.
- In order to support your claims and opinions, cite statistical
data obtained from the county health department, state health
department, and/or other organizations and agencies.
Design a model program or service, which is needed to improve the lives
of your chosen population within your community. Remember to design a
new program not currently existent within your community. In your
design, include the following:
- A description of the continuum of care level (preventive,
treatment, or long-term care) your program or service fall into and how
it meets the needs of your selected group.
- An analysis of the delivery modes of health services to be included.
- A discussion regarding the multidisciplinary approach that is incorporated into the program.
- An analysis of the role of legal and ethical requirements in the design of the program.
- Identification of a minimum of two community
agencies/organizations you would like to partner with in some way(s) in
order to implement this program/service. Explain why you would like to
partner with these organizations and how can they help or benefit you
with the implementation of your program/service.
- Analysis of the current funding sources for provision of health
services to this special population. Discuss the use of integrated
funding. Based on your research, identify a minimum of two funding
sources that may potentially provide monetary sponsorship for your
program or service. Explain why these entities would be likely funding
Be detailed and convincing in describing the above elements, as you are
attempting to win as much support from the attending members as
possible. Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and
formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, not including the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style