Each case study consists of a formal summary of the case in question along with answers to several follow-up questions that will be provided by the professor. A case study will touch on aspects of the case, including causes, factors, stakeholders, and possible solutions to the problem at hand. Your paper should perform a critical analysis on the study and should primarily be in your own words, but you may cite the book as needed. You must include at least three other additional outside peer-reviewed sources to help support the claims in the case study. These sources, along with the case study, should be properly cited in APA format. Failure to properly cite material may severely affect your grade.
When you write papers for this class, please note that I expect you to summarize the articles in your own words, not cut and paste the text from the article and submit it. The purpose of the articles is to encourage you to read current material about the subjects, assimilate it, and be able to summarize it in your own words. Copying an article and submitting it as your work is plagiarism and is against school and class rules. Individuals found plagiarizing material will receive an F and face possible Academic Dishonesty charges.
- Answer each question separately and please number your answers.
Case 1 Opening Case: BlackPOS Malware Steals Target’s Customer Data P. 142
1. Was cybersecurity a priority at Target? Explain.
2. How did lax security impact Target’s sales revenue and profit performance?
3. According to experts, how was the data breach executed?
4. In addition to the data theft, what else was damaged by this incident?
5. Was this cybersecurity incident foreseeable? Was it avoidable?
6. Why might management not treat cyber-threats as a top priority?
7. Research recent news concerning this data breach. Has Target recovered from it? Explain.
8. Assuming that the CEO and CIO were forced to resign, what message does that send to senior management at U.S. companies?
*1000 words minimum. 3 references minimum cited in AP Format.
**Absolutely no plagiarism. Paper will be submitted thru turnitin.
Price is negotiable.