Need completed by monday
Temperature, Kinetic Theory, and Sound
Please solve the following problems. You must show all work for full/partial credit. When complete, attach a typed cover sheet and submit to the assignment drop-box.
1. A diamond has a mass of 56.6 g and the gold ring it is set in has a mass of 125.6 g. How many carbon atoms are there compared to gold atoms?
2. On a warm summer day in California it can get as hot as 115oF, and on some cold winter days it can get as cold as -20oF. What are these temperatures in Celsius?
3. An aluminum sphere is 5.50 cm in radius. What is its volume expansion coefficient if it increases in volume 2.00 cm3 when heated from 100 oC to 151 oC?
4. Carbon 12 is defined such that 12g is one mole. So if a diamond is 37.5 g, how many moles of carbon are in it? How many molecules of carbon are in it?
5. 400 L of water is at 4 oC. If it took a heat 600 seconds to heat this up to 6 oC, what is the power rating of the heater?
6. A 95g cup of tea at 85 oC is poured into a 1.25 L large tub of water at 30 oC . What is the equilibrium temperature?
7. 150 g of ice at -10.5 oC is raised to the melting point and then raised to 76.0 oC. How much heat is added to the system?
8. A distant star is 7000 K and radiates 1.20 x1027 W. What is the star’s radius? Assume ε = 1.0.