As you have seen, the definition of terrorism can differ from person to person and from organization to organization. Most definitions have some elements in common.
- Who should have the authority to “officially” define terrorism? Why do you think so?
- What is your definition of a terrorist? Explain your definition.
- What types of terrorists exist in the world today? List and describe the motivations of today’s major terrorist groups.
- What can be done to limit the growth of terrorists and terrorism? Describe a plan to limit the growth of terror groups.
- Are there no alternatives to violence for terrorist groups to make themselves heard?
Explanation & Answer
➢ Defining Terrorism
➢ Definition of a Terrorism
➢ Types of Terrorists
➢ Motivations of these Groups
➢ Limiting Terrorists and Terrorism
➢ Alternatives to Violence
Running head: WEEK 2 DISCUSSION
Social Media Presence and Profiles
WEEK 2 DISCUSSION
Terrorism is a global challenge and threat to international as well as national security.
However, a definition of terrorism has always been controversial since no standard accepted
definition exists in the world today. On this basis, the authority to define terrorism lies squarely
with both national and international security agencies as well as humanitarian organizations.
more fundamentally, state actors deserve a priority in defining terrorism (Ritchie et al., 2019).
For some state actors, terrorism is more about criminal acts committed within their jurisdictions.
However, for others terrorism is about provoking fear, and perp...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
by Miguel de Cervantes
Sounds Like Titanic
by Jessica Chiccehito Hindman
The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd
Dead Poets Society
by Nancy Horowitz Kleinbaum
The Power of Habit - Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
by Charles Duhigg
Extreme Ownership - How US Navy SEALs Lead and Win
by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
by Jane Austen
by George Orwell
by Chaim Potok