- CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO 2)
- CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
Download the Week 2 Self-Assessment of the AACN Essentials (Links to an external site.) Follow the directions on the form. Note your total score. Next, review this article:
Kramer, M., Schmalenberg, C., Maguire, P., Brewer, B., Burke, R., Chmielewski, L., … Meeks-Sjostrom, D. (2009). Walk the talk: Promoting control of nursing practice and a patient-centered culture. Critical Care Nurse, 29(3), 77–93. https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edswsc&AN=000266533800011&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)
After you have completed your self-assessment, answer the following questions:
- Describe the relationship between the AACN Essentials and your new-found knowledge about Patient Centered Care. Are there opportunities for you to improve?
- Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values discusses professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct. Review the Professional Integrity Module-Academics and Practice at the beginning of the course (the first module). Then reflect on your own beliefs and values as they relate to professional nursing practice.
- Discuss implications of professional nursing integrity and academic integrity.
Finkelman, A. (2016). Leadership and management for nurses: Core competencies for quality care (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
Explanation & Answer
Thank you so much 🙏
Running head: AACN ESSENTIALS
Self-Assessment of the AACN Essentials
Describe the relationship between the AACN Essentials and your new-found
knowledge on patient Centered Care. Are there opportunities for you to improve?
AACN Essentials play an essential role in guiding nursing students. In this respect, it is
through these Essentials that nursing students can understand what is expected of them. AANC
Essentials acts as a guideline to nursing students as they demonstrate the competencies of
professionalism. On the other hand, patient-centred care is a type of care that focuses mainly on
the patient. In this respect, patient-centred care is a care plan in which the health professional
involves the patient in the care, listens to the patient, and inform him or her of what the care
involves. The AACN Essentials are related to my new-found knowledge of patient-centred care
in that they both encourage nurses to collaborate effectively to ensure the decisions made are
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!