I’m studying for my Marketing class and need an explanation.
Throughout this course, you will be searching and analyzing a company web site
for its application of electronic marketing principles.
• You need to select a B2C website that you will follow throughout the
course. You have to get the approval from your instructor before you start
• The web site is to be a brand site, not a site for a mega corporation with
many different brands. For example: Nestle.com is a corporate website,
while Nescafe.com, Dolce-gusto.us, Nespresso.com, Coffeemate.com are
all Brands website.
• The website must have a free newsletter or email communications. You
should sign up for free to get newsletter or email communications from the
website you have selected. This will help you to understand the various
elements of their online strategies and give some insights into how their
multichannel marketing is carried out.
• Make contact with the chosen brand web sites by asking for information, or
even purchase a product if you wish
Register at the B2C web site you have selected. Indicate in your report what
data was captured on the registration form.
• If the company has retail outlets nearby, you also should consider a visit to
the retail site. This will allow you to look for ways in which the firm is
integrating marketing activities on and off the Internet
You should put together an annual e-marketing plan to help set the marketing in
general on the right course to make any company's business goals a reality. It is a
high-level plan that guides the direction of the team's campaigns, goals, and
Without an e-marketing plan, things can get messy -- and it will become nearly
impossible to plan the budget that is needed for the projects, hiring, and
outsourcing required over the course of a year if you don't have a plan.
An effective e-marketing plan should contain the following elements:
Table of Contents
Executive summary – an overview of the entire plan.
Introduction – what is the product or service? Describe it in detail and explain
how it fits into the market.
1. Business Summary
• Company Name.
• Marketing Leadership Team.
• Headquarters, Office Locations.
• Mission Statement.
• SWOT Analysis.
2. Target Market
• Describe your target market segment in detail by using
demographics, psychographics, geography, lifestyle etc.
• How large is it?
3. Marketing Objectives and goals.
Explain your marketing objectives and goals in term of sales volume,
market share, return on investment or any others for your marketing plan
and the time needed to achieve each of them.
4. Market Strategy
Explain your marketing strategy chosen in term of aspects such as
Product, Price, Promotion, People, Process, Physical Evidence and other
tactical or environmental variables.
Detail the breakdown of the budget available to you and the expected
ROI from each channel.
6. Marketing Channels
Explain how you will use the following channels to achieve your goals:
• Content marketing. (Content includes text, graphics, videos, and
other related materials people are looking for and are very
• Social media marketing (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook Promotions,
• Email marketing.
• SEO (Organic vs PPC).
• Display Advertising (Google Ads, etc…).
7. Evaluation Plan
You need to evaluate the system/strategy in place before the plan is put
Summary – Summaries profits, costs, advantages and why the plan should
• Use font Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial.
• Use 1.5 or double line spacing with left Justify all paragraphs.
• Use the footer function to insert page number.
• Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project.