MAR 4824: Marketing Capstone:
Data Citizens Project Instructions
Step 1: Read the “USF Tableau Citizen of Data Science Certificate” PDF (Canvas)
Step 2: Read the “Data Citizens Tableau Guide” PDF (Canvas)
Step 3: In your chosen group (maximum of 3 students), develop a Tableau data dashboard. (Note: If
you do not attend class on the night of the assignment, you will need to complete this part of the project
Step 4: As an individual, create an organized, 3-5 minute YouTube video (instructions found in the
above PDFs) that explains a minimum of five insights observed in the data. Here is a list of minimum
1. A Tableau dashboard of at least 3 visualizations. Creating the visualizations alone without having
them together in one view defeats the purpose of using Tableau.
2. The dashboard should be interactive: clicking on the filters and the visualizations themselves
should change the data in the dashboard.
3. The video should be at least 3 minutes.
4. The video should include: a brief introduction (a few seconds), an explanation of the dataset and
the assignment (less than a minute), and the rest should be an explanation of multiple insights
found while navigating the dashboard.
5. The link should be accessible from the internet, no recorded video files. We simply do not have
the bandwidth to store them.
6. The video should be recorded from a laptop using video recording software. Phones are not
allowed for recording, per instructions from the Data Citizens Program.
7. Business casual dress is required for the video.
Step 5: Please complete the Canvas quiz (Please see due date on syllabus schedule).
Purchase answer to see full