I’m studying for my Marketing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
CLA1 Assignment (question 2)
Write an abstract for question one different from question 2
Read: “Cementing a Merger of Equals between Lafarge and Holcim Has Been Difficult” on pages
231-232. Prepare a 4 to 6 page APA formatted paper (with six peer-reviewed sources for support): Answer questions:
1. Of the “Reasons for Acquisitions” discussed in the chapter, which reasons are the primary drivers of Lafarge-Holcim merger strategy?
2. Given that there have been performance difficulties of this “merger of equals,” which of the “Problems in Achieving Acquisition Success” do you believe have most likely affected this deal?
3. The new CEO, Jan Jenisch, has undertaken a restructuring strategy. Why do you think the market reacted negatively to this plan?
4. What would you suggest the firm do to improve it restructuring plan and ultimately its poor performance? In text citations should match with peer reviewed articles.
research one (1) peer-reviewed article that can be used to answer your upcoming CLA1 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the article in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your CLA1 assignment and should be different than the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so forth).
Your summary MUST include ALL of the following (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
● Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose
● How the article and/or author(s) support your argument(s)
● Most important aspects of the article
● Any findings and conclusions
● Approximately 250 to 350 words in length
● Include the article “Abstract” in your posting (your summary should be original)
● Include the industry example demonstrating the application of your researched article. Peer reviewed reference should match in text citation