• Merging is an act of combining companies or assets with an aim of
enhancing quick growth, being competitive in the market, to increase
shares or even stimulate the chains of supply.
• A merger defines two firms combining, where one firm is absorbed into
the other and ceases to exist.
• Acquisition, on the other hand, is where the company with more shakes in
the target firm retains the name and structure.
Why is change needed?
To enhance value creation
To allow diversification
Financial capacity increase
What will change and who will be affected?
What will change includes:
• Management change
• Structural change
• Employees change
The people affected include:
• The employees who just got assimilated to new departments
• The managers will be affected
How will they be affected?
• The employees who will have been taken to a different department from the one they were working in
the other company because it will take them a period of time before they adapt to the new department and
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer