• Children’s’ health, especially infants, is determined
by various environmental factors.
• These environmental factors range from exposure
to toxins like air pollution and lead to infants
exposed to various infectious agents.
• Respiratory syncytial virus is an infectious agent
that commonly attacks infants and causes health
complications later in adulthood, such as asthma.
Infectious Agents (Respiratory
Syncytial Virus (RSV)
• RSV is an infection that attacks the respiratory
system of people of all ages but becomes worse to
• RSV causes more serious symptoms in infants and
has been found to be transmitted more in cold
seasons that in worm seasons.
• The most common way of transmitting RSV is
through sneezing and coughing that spread saliva
droplets containing the virus.
How RSV can Potentially Affect the
Health of Infants
• Infants have airways that are not well developed, and
this makes them unable t...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer