Thank you so much 🙏
psychological approaches to
chronic pain management
Name of the Presenter
• Pain is defined by the international
association of pain as an unpleasant
emotional and sensory experience that
is associated with potential or actual
• Pain is important because it is a sign
that something within the human body
is not functioning properly.
• In turn, one can take action to revert the
functioning of the area where they are
• Pain can be categorized either as
chronic or acute pain
• Chronic pain, is pain that lasts more
than 12 weeks.
• Chronic pain affects about 12 to 25
percent of the adult population in the
• Despite the fact that pain can be life
saving in terms of enabling one to take
prompt action, chronic pain is
problematic because it impairs the
quality of life of the sufferer.
• Living with chronic pain on a day-to-day
basis can be exhausting especially when one
has no pain relief options.
• Also, Persistent pain can as well be
challenging to health care professionals who
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer