Here you go. In case of any further edits please let me know!It was good working with you! 👋 Thanks for using Studypool. Take care and good luck!
Managing Patients with End-Stage Disease
Date of Submission
▪ The presentation focuses on various key areas such as:
▪ Changes that ensues due to the treatment and care give to patients during end-of-life stages
of HIV/AIDS. They are categorized as:
✓ Biological changes
✓ Psychological changes
✓ Social changes
The presentation also touches on the western medicine and complementary and alternative
medicine (CAM) treatment options and various effects of these treatment options to patients
and caregivers categorized as:
✓ Physical effects
✓ Emotional effects
✓ Social effects (changes in social interactions)
✓ Financial effects (socioeconomic status)
▪ The presentation also discusses patient perception of HIV/AIDS based on their age range
which is 19-64 years focusing on issues such as:
✓ Thoughts, beliefs, and fears the patients hold.
✓ The role culture (race/ethnicity, religion/spirituality) plays in quality of life as the disease
✓ The importance of health care workers to understand these perspectives
▪ Biases and Stigmas associated with HIV/AIDS and an insightful analysis of the needs of a
person and their caregivers facing the end-stage of the disease.
▪ Finally, the presentation focuses on community-based programs providing palliative, Hospice,
and/or end-of-life care services to the patients.
▪ HIV infection emerged in the early 1980s
as a terminal illness with limited
treatment options save for pain alleviation
and specific symptoms towards end of life.
▪ The disease has...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer