I’m studying and need help with a Literature question to help me learn.
Building upon your rhetorical analysis skills, add framing analysis and website evaluation to
investigate two websites. This is more of an analytical journal project than it is a formal writing
assignment. Document your analysis in a journal format, and compose the short writing tasks as
would be appropriate for the particular writing situation.
Choose any of
Contemporary social/political activist movement (e.g., an equality-related issue,
animal rights, food movement, etc.). Conduct a website evaluation and framing
analysis of two websites related to your selected issue. your choice.
1. Modify your Project 3 proposal to serve as an introduction to your analysis.
2. Provide a synthesized definition of framing analysis and how to do it, using Lakoff,
Ryan & Gamson, and Entman. Be sure to clearly describe steps to do a framing
analysis, as this will guide the analysis you do for each website.
3. Perform, document, and reflect a thoughtful framing analysis and evaluation of your
selected websites (two paragraphs for each website).
Framing analysis should be based on your synthesized definition in step 2 above.
Be sure to clearly identify the apparent purpose and audience of each website, as
well as any logical fallacies you identify.
Website evaluation should be based on categories in Web Evaluation Criteria
handout and Evaluating Web Sources activity.
4. Comparison/synthesis/commentary (one to two paragraphs): Do a comparison of
your two websites, based on your analysis and evaluation in task 3, commenting on
the relative usefulness and strength of each website. Discuss which website you trust
the most and which one seems most useful for your purpose, and explain why.
5. provide the two websites and cite them in MLA format
6. Write 3-4 pages.
In a seperate pargraph:
Write one paragraph (this implies multiple sentences!) in which
• Clearly explain which option you are selecting from the
choices on the Project 3 prompt (social issue website,
job/career, internship, grad school, law school, future career
goal, some other real world project).
• Explain why your topic is of particular interest or importance
• Identify the two websites you want to analyze, and explain
why each one is relevant to the option/topic identified above
This paragraph is related to the project just provide the inforamtion seperate in one paragrapj.