Hello, i have uploaded the final answer...You can check it through..
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Assignment 1- Strategic Management
Deadline: 02/03/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Strategic Management
Student’s Name: Amal Nasser Asiri
Course Code: MGT 401
Student’s ID Number:160125055
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Strategic Management of the company ‘X’
Structure of the project
This project aims to study the strategic management of your selected company ‘X’. It includes
three main parts:
- Part 1: Assignment 1= Environmental scanning & strategy formulation.
- Part 2: Assignment 2= Strategy implementation.
- Part 3: Assignment 3= Evaluation and control.
Description of the company ‘X’
It is a company from your choice;
From real national or international market;
It is publicly traded company;
Produces and commercializes more than one product;
Sufficient information about the strategies of the company, its functions, structures and
product lines are available;
This company should have at least one partnership with other company (es) (alliances, joint
If you face any ambiguity regarding the choice of the corporation, kindly feel free to ask more
clarification from your instructor.
Assignment 1: Part 1 of project
Environmental scanning & strategy formulation
1. Understand the basic concepts and terminology used in Strategic Management. (Lo 1.2)
2. Identify opportunities and threats as well as strengths and weakness in the operating environment of
hypothetical and real-world organizations (Lo 2.9)
3. Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in organizations (Lo 2.2)
4. Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
1. Briefly present your selected company (name, industry, nationality, location, size, activities,
products…) (Max 200 words).
2. Determine the opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses of your selected company by
completing the SWOT matrix below. (1 mark)
3. Does your selected company have social responsibility? If yes, discuss its impact on
competitive advantage of the corporation. (Max 400 words) (1 mark)
4. Based on the figure 4.3 (Ch4-slide no 18) and the textbook text relative to Porter’s Five forces
of competition framework, assess the power of the buyers, suppliers and substitutes of your
chosen company. How formidable are the barriers to entry and how intense is the rivalry
among existing firms? ( 2 marks)
5. What is the competitive strategy used by your selected company? Justify. (0.5 mark)
1. Briefly present your selected company (name, industry, nationality, location, size,
activities, products…) (Max 200 words).
Google Company was started in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It is an
international American company located in Menlo Park, California in the U.S. Its parent company is
Alphabet Inc. In 2019 the company had more than 114,096 employees. The ...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer