College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 3/28/2020 @ 23:59
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students
or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)
font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Weightage: 10 marks
1. Ability to carry out objective and scientific analysis of consumers’ needs and
wants (Lo 2.3 & 2.6).
2. Ability to collect, evaluate and synthesize consumers data to make objective
and informed marketing decisions (Lo 2.7).
Assignment No: 2
Today, there is a great multitude and varieties of new products
available in stores and online, from which consumers can choose.
Think about the new products you've seen in the past two or three
years, then choose a new product from any category.
(2×5 = 10 Marks)
1. How would you define the attributes and benefits of the chosen product?
The attributes of any products shapes and make that product have characteristics
that are unique such as functionality, components used, portability, space used, color and
customer demand patterns. This enables the designing and managerial teams to always
collaborate in decision making about the branding, package designing, and marketing
strategy of their products and services. The product has to be the epicenter of customer
attraction for it to attaint extensive market penetration and desired profit margins,
(Hossain, 2019). The technological advancement implemented in the chosen products
ensures exhaustive research in the available customer needs and application of the
solutions through these products. For example, making a product to have portability
attributes eases work and usability has no age limits the weight carrying ability.
2. Define the core, actual, and augmented product benefits.
The core product stipulates the actual gain the customer attains by purchasing of
the product. The customer’s demand results from a specific need in society and products
are designed to solve these needs. The level of efficiency in the product to the customer
determines if the actual benefit is attained. The actual product defines the tangible
perspective of objects relating to the physicality and design quality. The customer’s
purchasing power is mostly determined by the visual ability used i...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer