Here you go. In case of any further inputs please let me know!It was good working with you! 👋 Thanks for using Studypool. Take care and good luck!All the best
Psychological Impact on Adolescent Pregnancy
• According to the U.S Department of Health & Human
Services, adolescent mothers were responsible for close
to 250,000 babies in 2014 only (Rabeea’h et al., 2017).
• The study further indicated that 78% out of the above
number were unplanned.
• Pregnancy at tender age changes the course of life of
• The fact that these young mothers must care for
themselves and the baby to come causes emotional toll
on them than what is suspected.
• Adolescent pregnancy can be defined as pregnancy
in females falling in the age bracket of 12 years to 16
• Some females experience puberty until as late as 17
years to 19 years (Thyer, 2017).
• Adolescent pregnancy also fits into teenage
Obvious Sources of Emotional Toll on Adolescents
• Adolescent mothers are young and lack experience of
motherhood. The following are some of the causes of the
psychological worries that these girls are forced to
✓ Sleepless nights
✓ Honoring doctor appointments
✓ Juggling between motherhood and finishing high school
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer