Proposal Essay Think Sheet
Topic: Young love in high school
1) In China, young love is a taboo for high school students, and neither school nor most parents
support it. Some students, because they cannot correctly understand and handle the relationship
between adolescent boys and girls, are caught in the quagmire of confusion and young love, their
studies are abandoned, and even a more massive price is paid for this. (problem)
2) Therefore, in this essay, I focus on how to correctly face the problem of high school students'
young love and how we should do? (proposal statement)
3) The attention of the adolescent boys and girls to the opposite sex and the desire to be noticed
by the opposite sex are normal physiological needs and a necessary stage of mental health
development. Only when the young love of high school students is treated scientifically and
rationally, can the children's high school period be put to a good end. (supporting argument)
Undesirable Consequences of Current Situation
1) Failure to focus on learning can affect grades
According to surveys, falling in love with high school students can interfere with learning
because love makes people distracted, and emotionally unstable. Coupled with the strict
regulations of high schools in China, dating is not allowed. Students who fall in love early are
always dodging. They are in a state of high tension and will have no intention of studying.
2) Affects physical and psychological development
High school students are in a vigorous period of physiological development, and their physiology
is not yet mature. During this period, the mind is most sensitive and suspicious, primarily the
actions of their favorite objects. Any performance of them will touch their psychology and
emotion, and this psychological and emotional feeling will affect the secretion of various growth
hormones, thus affecting the healthy development of the body.
Ethical Assessment of the Situation
1) High school students' young love is normal and should not be excessively interfered and
Casual Analysis (“How did it get this way?”)
1) Youthful love in adolescence can't be more normal. Originally, boys and girls in this age
group tended to have good feelings for each other, and their ability to control things was not very
good, and they easily fell in love.
Proposal Statement (thesis)
The “should” statement:
1) We should tell our children that high school love is the purest love in the world, and it is worth
cherishing by everyone. Whether as a school or a parent, we should accept this process of the
child and help the child to pass this sensitive period smoothly so that the child can grow into a
truly mature person.
Good Consequences that will flow from the proposal
China is a traditional country, and it is unlikely that it will adequately handle the love problems
of adolescent children. For such problems, parents and schools always choose to avoid them. No
matter from school or parents, there should be corresponding measures to help children solve the
problems in this period.
1) Schools should consider setting up a post to address the problem of early love among
adolescent students or add a particular course like this. Let teenage children know that love is not
just about admiring and admiring each other, but needs to be based on reality, a specific
economic foundation, and the integration of two prominent families. It also requires two people
to agree on three perspectives and share interests. Finally solve the child's problem.
2) Parents should also think about their children, understand their children, care about them,
open their minds, and help them solve their problems. Let children understand what is most
important at this stage, to reduce the distance between parents and children.
3) Correct intercourse with the opposite sex. Normal heterosexual communication is beneficial to
the healthy growth of young people, but how to interact with the opposite sex? On the one hand,
we must have a correct attitude and cultivate a healthy sense of communication; on the other
hand, we must communicate more with parents and teachers, and with their help, properly handle
the relationship between boys and girls and the problem of young love.
Bad Consequences to be avoided by the proposal
1) Psychology of rebellion and resistance in adolescent children.
2) Affects children's normal interpersonal communication and sound personality.
The Ethical Appeal of the proposal
1) We have to deal with the problem of young love for high school students from the standpoint
of correct morality.
a) Can we afford it? Yes
b) Does it take too long? No
c) Can we motivate people to do this? Yes
d) Can we find the personnel who can do this? Yes
e) What steps must we go through to get to the goal? Correct understanding of
young love issues between school and parents in China.
f) What is the first step? Correct communication with children.
g) Has it been done before? No
h) If not, why? China is a more traditional country. Parents and schools are less
likely to mention the topic of young love to their children.
i) Who are you to make the proposal? As a young person who has grown up in this
environment and has already experienced this stage.
Dear Professor, in this essay, I want to compare Chinese and Western attitudes and treatments
for young love among high school students, but I don’t have a detailed understanding of how
American high schools and American parents treat this matter. If possible, please give me some
tips and suggestions. Thank you and looking forward your reply!
Purchase answer to see full