Explain what is meant to call slavery "the necessary evil" before 1790.
2. Explain why slavery became a "positive good" after 1790.
3. Explain the impact of the Industrial Revolution on American society.
4. Explain why Americans wanted to expand westward.
5. Explain the results and impact of the Mexican-American War
Running head: HISTORY 1301 QUESTION 2
History 1301 Question 2
HISTORY 1301 QUESTION 2
1. Explain what is meant to call slavery "the necessary evil" before 1790.
Before 1790, slavery was referred to as “the necessary evil” because it was used as a
means of achieving an end despite having adverse consequences. Slavery ensured that the
economic growth of the South spurred as it became their main economic engine. The slave
economy was so p...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer