College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 28/03/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Logistics Management
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Level of Marks:
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 10th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain
management and logistics practice.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
In today’s highly competitive, extremely variable and really dynamic environment, many firms
are seeking solutions. Supply chain management becomes more sophisticated and the
difference between what firms want to achieve and what they can do in-house continues
to grow, firms begin to realize that doing the right thing becomes more interesting than doing
everything. Accordingly, they are becoming better focused and more specialized by outsourcing
and offshoring activities that are far from their core businesses. In many cases firms decide to
outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or third party logistics firms.
Using this concept of offshoring and outsourcing answer the following questions by taking any
Saudi Local company or any Multinational company.
1. What are Third party logistics firms?
2. Explain the motivational factors for going internationally?
3. On what ground companies choose developing countries location for offshoring? Use
examples. (Mention the country and decisive factors)
4. Assess the reasons for using third party logistics service in Saudi Arabia? Using examples,
The Answer should be 3- 4 pages in length including the cover page and reference.
The Answer must follow the Key word/ outline points below:
Outsourcing ,offshoring ,Third Party logistics
Their Main functions
Motivational Factors /Drivers
Any local example
Reasons with suitable Examples
Note: You can support your answer by reading chapter 4 of your book.
You can use secondary source available on internet. Please use APA-style referencing.
... Purchase answer to see full
Student has agreed that all tutoring, explanations, and answers provided by the tutor will be used to help in the learning process and in accordance with Studypool's honor code & terms of service.