I don’t know how to handle this Writing question and need guidance.
Northcentral University is proud to offer the Live, Love, Learn Scholarship. This offer will award three (3)
new students a full tuition scholarship and three (3) new students a $20,000 scholarship to follow their
dreams in pursuit of a higher degree. All new master’s and doctoral students who apply, submit an essay
and start their program by March 30, 2020, are eligible for this scholarship opportunity. Recipients will be
notified on or before May 1, 2020.
• Scholarship applicants must start a new masters or doctoral degree program in the School of
Business, Technology, Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences, or Health Sciences.
• Scholarship applicants must submit a Live, Love, Learn Scholarship essay, video or audio file
by March 30, 2020.
• Scholarship applicants must meet all admissions requirements of Northcentral University.
• Scholarship applicants, once enrolled, must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of 100%
tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement,
preferred tuition rate, other scholarships and/or private Scholarships with the exception of
Veteran’s Administration GI benefits, Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation
Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding.
• Scholarship applicant must not be a current NCU student.
• If the applicant needs to adjust their start date to a date in the following month, the University
reserves the right to allow the applicant to remain eligible and apply for that month’s offer.
• Scholarship applicant must not have vested in a previous NCU program without graduating.
• Applicants to bachelor’s or certificate programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
• Dissertation Completion Pathway (DCP) students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Tell us how a degree from NCU will impact your life outside of your career.
ESSAY SUBMISSION AND REQUIREMENTS
• To be considered, applicants must submit a 500- to 700-word (maximum two pages,
double-spaced) or a 2- to 4-minute video or audio file (not to exceed 25MB), by March 30,
2020, in one of the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .MP3, .WAV. .AVI, .MV4, or
• Applicants must submit their essay, video or audio file electronically at the following URL:
www.ncu.edu/march-scholarship by March 30, 2020.
• Essay, video or audio file must be original work. Quotations or attributions must be cited.
• By submitting an essay, video or audio file for review, you hereby authorize Northcentral
University and those acting pursuant to its authority to: Use any quotes attributable to you in
printed or electronic material. Use your name, likeness, and biographical material in connection
with these quotes. Exhibit or distribute such material in whole or in part without restrictions or
limitation for any educational or promotional purpose which Northcentral University and those
acting pursuant to its authority deem appropriate.
• Only one essay, video or audio file may be submitted by an applicant.
• The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the scholarship selection committee
consisting of representatives from Northcentral University. Non-faculty members may assist
in the selection committee process.
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a completed application along with all the supporting
documentation, which must be received on or before the deadline specified. NCU and the
scholarship selection committee accept no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications
not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
• The scholarship award will be based on the committee’s approval of submitted essay, video or
• Scholarship selection shall not be made with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law.
• The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to a review process.
• NCU and its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not
responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the
[scholarship/grant/award], including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these
terms and conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any
Live, Love, Learn Scholarship. NCU may correct any such errors in its sole discretion.
• Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a
particular term shall be made by NCU in its sole discretion. NCU reserves the right in its sole
discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to the Live, Love, Learn
Scholarship, including, but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates,
and the terms and conditions.
• Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Live, Love, Learn
Scholarship award process will be disqualified. All decisions of NCU are final. By participating, an
applicant: (i) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, (ii) represents and warrants that
his or her entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold
harmless NCU and its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, agents, and representatives, from
any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or
indirectly, from his or her application or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Live, Love,
Learn Scholarship, and (iv) grants NCU a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable,
sublicensable, transferable right to use his or her application, as well as his or her name, likeness,
voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any
media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as
prohibited by law.
• NCU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Live, Love, Learn
Scholarship. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Live, Love, Learn Scholarship is at an
applicant’s sole risk and NCU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special,
indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of
the Live, Love, Learn Scholarship.
• NCU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not
received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks
or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human,
mechanical or electronic. Should NCU, in its sole discretion, determine that the Live, Love, Learn
Scholarship selection process has been compromised by virus, bugs, tampering, hackers or other
causes beyond its control, NCU reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or terminate such
selection process and chose the awardees in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible
entries submitted prior to termination.
• All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect and enforceability of
these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to
conflicts of law provisions. Applicants agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising
out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the Live, Love, Learn Scholarship
will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Phoenix, Arizona and by submitting an
application, each applicant consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
• New students: three (3) full tuition scholarships will be awarded.
• New students: three (3) $20,000 scholarships will be awarded.
• The recipients will be notified on or before May 1, 2020. The selected essays and testimonials may
be posted to http://ncu.edu/tuition-and-admissions/grants-and-s...
• The winners, their submissions or portions thereof may be posted to the NCU.edu website and
used in NCU promotional materials.
• The Scholarship has no cash value.
• Scholarships that are awarded to the recipients may only be used to assist with the payment
of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
• No student will receive more than one Live, Love, Learn Scholarship.
• No student will receive more than one offer such as scholarships, grants, technology awards, or
preferred tuition rates.
• The Scholarship does not include the costs of the Learning Management Fee (LMF), nor the
Course Materials Fee (CMF). Students are still financially responsible to cover the costs of these
fees throughout their program.
• Any Scholarship funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that
may be applicable to their degree program, and outside materials (computers, internet service
• For applicants using FFA, the applicant understands that a scholarship award is financial
assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA
available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a
financial review of all Scholarship winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective
• Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NCU degree plan will only reduce the
necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NCU and will not result in any additional
unused scholarship funds.
• Courses taken under the Scholarship may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.
• All existing student policies located in the NCU Catalog must be adhered to while the recipient is
a student at NCU.
• For the duration of the award, students must be succeeding in their degree program. The
student must maintain a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of GOOD. Please see the current
catalog for SAP definitions.
• Should a Scholarship recipient withdraw or be dismissed from NCU prior to disbursement of all
Scholarship funds awarded to him or her, the balance of the tuition funds awarded, but not
disbursed, will be terminated and will not be available to the student for future courses.
• If a Scholarship recipient withdraws from a course or receives a non-passing grade, the cost to
retake the course will not be discounted by the Live, Love, Learn Scholarship.