Help me study for my Nursing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Assignment 4: For Qualitative Critique (20 Points)
For this assignment students will critique a qualitative research article. Select one article from the list below (It must be from the list). Use the guidelines in the Polit and Beck text to set a benchmark to critique the quantitative research study. Cite the benchmark source for each area of the critique and describe how the study authors met or did not meet the benchmark criteria listed below.
Qualitative Articles to select from:
1. Koleilat M, Kim LP, Cortes B, Kodjebacheva GD. Perceived Motivators, Barriers and Intervention Strategies Related to Weight Loss After Childbirth Among WIC Participants in Southern California. (Links to an external site.)Am J Health Promot. 2020 Mar;34(3):294-302. doi: 10.1177/0890117119895948. Epub 2019 Dec 26.
2. Alzghoul MM (Links to an external site.), Møller H (Links to an external site.), Wakewich P (Links to an external site.), Dowsley M (Links to an external site.). Perinatal care experiences of Muslim women in Northwestern Ontario, Canada: A qualitative study. Women Birth. (Links to an external site.) 2020 Mar 4. pii: S1871-5192(19)30457-3. doi: 10.1016/j.wombi.2020.02.021. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Goodman DJ (Links to an external site.), Saunders EC (Links to an external site.), Wolff KB (Links to an external site.). In their own words: a qualitative study of factors promoting resilience and recovery among postpartum women with opioid use disorders. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. (Links to an external site.) 2020 Mar 18;20(1):178. doi: 10.1186/s12884-020-02872-5
4. Pellikka HK (Links to an external site.)1, Pölkki T (Links to an external site.)2, Sankilampi U (Links to an external site.)3, Kangasniemi M (Links to an external site.)4. Finnish parents' responsibilities for their infant's care when they stayed in a single family room in a neonatal intensive care unit. J Pediatr Nurs. (Links to an external site.) 2020 Feb 17. pii: S0882-5963(19)30347-1. doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2020.01.019.
5. Madiba S (Links to an external site.), Putsoane M (Links to an external site.). Testing Positive and Disclosing in Pregnancy: A Phenomenological Study of the Experiences of Adolescents and Young Women in Maseru, Lesotho. AIDS Res Treat. (Links to an external site.) 2020 Feb 12;2020:6126210. doi: 10.1155/2020/6126210.
6. Ke, Y. & Stoker, J. (2019). (Links to an external site.)On the difficulty of finding one’s place: A qualitative study of new nurses’ processes of growth in the workplace. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 28, (23-24), (Links to an external site.)4321-4331
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1.Identify an area of clinical interest.
2.Locate a minimum of one peer-reviewed journal article (no older than 5 years) related to your clinical topic of interest.
3.Critique the journal article, fully answering the questions in the table below.
4.The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 4 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
5.Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
6.Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
7.Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
8.Include a minimum of one professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper and a second benchmark peer reviewed source (may be textbook or other journal article) and be less than five (5) years old.
9.APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
10.Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes
11.Submit by the posted due date.
12.Format the critique paper using the IMRaD format with level 1 and level 2 headings as designated in the grid below:
EXAMPLES OF LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2 HEADINGS ARE ATTACHED IN A SCREENSHOT.
Introduction to the paper with purpose statement
Level 1 Heading
Level 2 Headings
Content questions to address with quality benchmark citations
Research Problems and population of interest
What is the research problem?
Does the problem build a persuasive argument for the new study?
Is the problem statement easy to locate?
What is the population of interest?
What are the research questions?
Was the research tradition for the study identified?
If none was identified, can one be inferred? Are the data sources, research methods and analytic approach congruent with the research tradition?
Was there evidence of reflexivity in the design?
Ethical Aspects of a Study
Were adequate steps taken to safeguard participant’s privacy?
How was confidentiality maintained?
Were vulnerable groups involved in research?
Given the research question and characteristics of study participants, did the researcher use the best method of capturing study phenomena (self-reports, interviews, groups or observation)?
If self-report methods, did the researcher make good decisions about the specific method used to solicit information (focus group interviews, individual interviews).
Were interviews tape recorded, annotated, and transcribed?
Data Analysis Approach
Identify the type of analyses undertaken to answer a research question. Were appropriate methods used and/or qualitative software for data assessment?
Were the findings effectively summarized, with good use of experts?
Do the themes adequately capture the meaning of the data? Does it appear that the researcher satisfactorily conceptualized the themes or patterns in the data?
Did the analysis yield an insightful, provocative, and meaningful picture of the phenomenon under investigation?
Did the researchers discuss the study’s implications for clinical practice or future research and if so, were the implications grounded in the study evidence, and in evidence from earlier research?
Summarize the overall quality of the critiqued paper according to the benchmark quality sources cited
Assignment 4: Qualitative Critique Rubric (20 points)
0 to 3 points
All topics/criteria addressed, and all questions fully answered.
All topics/criteria addressed, and most questions fully answered.
All topics/criteria addressed, and most questions partially answered.
One or more topics/criteria not addressed or completely answered.
Quality/Accuracy of Information
0 to 3 points
Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It includes several supporting details and/or examples.
Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. It provides supporting details and/or examples.
Information clearly relates to the main topic/criteria. A few details and/or examples are given.
Information has little or nothing to do with the main topic/criteria.
0 to 3 points
Information is very organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.
Information organized with well-constructed paragraphs and levels of heading.
There is an attempt at organization, but errors exist. No levels of heading.
The information or overall structure appears disorganized.
0 to 3 points
All references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe, or a classic/ historical source.
The majority of references are from a relevant professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal, within a 5-year timeframe or a classic/historical source.
Some references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5 years.
Majority of references are from non-peer-reviewed scholarly sources or older than 5 years.
Up to 10% of the assigned points (total points of assignment) can be deducted from the earned points for errors in APA style [title page, introduction, purpose statement, level heading, conclusion, references, citations, and format], spelling, and/or grammar.