I need support with this Management question so I can learn better.
- Develop a strategic plan for your healthcare organization
- You have recently been hired by one of the Board members of B.B. Clinic, Spongebob S. Pants as the new CEO.
- As the new CEO, Your assignment is to implement a new Health Information System for the Clinic.
- Mr. S. Pants wants you to develop a Strategic Plan that gives an overview of how you plan to succeed.
Things to Consider:
- Strategic Plan:
- Executive Summary (why Health Information System is needed)
- Vision and mission Statement
- Assumptions (list these)
- Goals and Objectives (list these)
- Steering Committee
- Who represents your committee members/role of individuals
- Meeting goals, priorities, role
- Meeting frequency, times, locations, etc.
- Project Management Plan
- Tools, applications, methods, etc.
- goals defined, objectives, etc.
- project timeline, phases defined
- HIS Roles
- Team members involved in your strategic plan - who/role
- HIS Type, Basic vs Comprehensive - which are you implementing and why
- Steps to go-live
- Phases of implementation - list what may take place during your implementation
- Training Plan
- Support Plan
Include any additional key components of a Strategic plan you think would be important to include to make sure your boss and the organization (the clinic) understands how you plan to have a successful HIS/EHR implementation.