I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
MAECEL Virtual Toolbox - Tool #1 My Graduate Student Success Plan
As a graduate student, you will need pertinent resources throughout your program to support your success. Throughout this course, you will construct a virtual “toolbox” (stored in your computer) that contains a variety of resources that you can use throughout the program as needed. This toolbox will provide you with “tools” available at your fingertips as you continue your academic and professional journey.
In this week’s assignment, Tool #1 My Graduate Student Success Plan, you will consider what it takes to be successful as a graduate student and as a professional in early childhood education and construct a plan for your own success.
In each week of every MAECEL course, there is Instructor Guidance to support you in the development of your discussions and assignments. Please see this week’s Instructor Guidance for further resources, supports, and examples related to this assignment.
The following content areas are required for this assignment:
- Ashford Graduate Student Expectations
- Explain how you will uphold and contribute to Ashford’s graduate culture in your experience as a student in the MAECEL program.
- Discuss at least three personal and professional characteristics or expectations of successful graduate students and explain how these characteristics will contribute to your academic success in the MAECEL program.
- ECE Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Planning for Success
- Discuss at least two academic skills that you would like to expand or build to support your academic success in the MAECEL program. Provide two examples of actions you can take to build these skills.
- Discuss at least two professional skills that you would like to expand or build to support your professional ECE experience or expertise. Provide two examples of actions you can take to build these skills or characteristics (i.e., learning to conduct professional development trainings).
- Explore the Student Services available at Ashford University (Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.), Ashford Library (Links to an external site.), Access and Wellness (Links to an external site.), Career Services (Links to an external site.), Online Peer Mentors (Links to an external site.), Office of Service and Student Leadership (Links to an external site.), Online Honor Societies (Links to an external site.), Online Military Community Resources (Links to an external site.), Online Student Organizations (Links to an external site.), Online Student Volunteerism (Links to an external site.)). Explain how you will leverage at least three of the available Ashford Student Services to support your academic and professional success as a graduate student.
- Goal Setting
- Write one academic or professional goal you would like to accomplish by the end of the course. Briefly explain what actions you will take to achieve your goal.
- Write one academic or professional goal you would like to accomplish by the end of the MAECEL program. Briefly explain what actions you will take to achieve your goal.
Writing and Formatting Expectations:
Title Page: Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Organization: Demonstrates logical progression of ideas.
Syntax and Mechanics: Writing displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
APA Formatting: Papers are formatted properly and all sources are cited and referenced in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
Suggested Assignment Length: This assignment should be about two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment for evaluation no later than Day 7.