Text: Sizer, F. &
Whitney, E. (2013). Nutrition: Concepts and
Controversies (13th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
A Lifetime of Nourishment
As noted in the textbook, “Of the
leading causes of death listed in Table 1-1, four are directly related to
nutrition, and another – motor vehicle and other accidents – is related to
drinking alcohol” (Sizer and Whitney, 2013). Expanding on the information
from the quote above, please provide a comprehensive response to the following
- Explain why nutrition is important and how it impacts
physical and mental health.
- Differentiate the six classes of nutrients and explain
how they individually and collectively help us to maintain our health
- Describe the five characteristics of a healthy diet and
provide a dietary example for each.
- Explain how nutrition is a science and how the
scientific method is used in this field.
- Summarize the four different types of studies (case,
epidemiological, intervention, and laboratory studies) and explain the use
of research in the development of dietary guidelines.
- Briefly define and provide a diet-related example for
each of the stages of behavior change.
- Explain the role of competence, confidence, and
motivation in behavior change.
This assignment must be a minimum of
three pages in length (excluding title and references pages) in APA format as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Use subheadings to help organize your
paper. Include a minimum of two scholarly resources, cited according to APA
style. At least one of your resources must be from the Ashford University