2. What is the probability of arriving at a traffic light when it is red if the red signal is flashed for 30 sec, the yellow
signal for 5 sec, and the green signal for 40 sec?
A) The probability is 0.35
B) The probability is 0.40
C) The probability is 0.50
D) The probability is 0.45
3. Find the simple interest on a $400 investment made for 5 years at an interest rate of 7%/year. What is the
A) The simple interest is $140, the accumulated amount is $540.
B) The simple interest is $115, the accumulated amount is $515.
C) The simple interest is $120, the accumulated amount is $520.
D) The simple interest is $125, the accumulated amount is $555.
6. If the line passing through the points (2, a) and (5, - 3) is parallel to the line passing through the points (4, 8) and
(- 5, a + 1) , what is the value of a?
A) a = -8
B) a = 4
C) a = -4
D) a = 8
8. A system composed of two linear equations must have at least one solution if the straight lines represented by
these equations are nonparallel.
11. A survey of 900 subscribers to the Los Angeles Times revealed that 700 people subscribe to the daily morning
edition and 400 subscribe to both the daily and the Sunday editions.How many subscribe to the Sunday edition?
A) 500 people
B) 700 people
C) 600 people
D) 300 people
E) 900 people
F) 100 people
21. If a merchant deposits $1,500 annually at the end of each tax year in an IRA account paying interest at the rate of
10%/year compounded annually, how much will she have in her account at the end of 25 years? Round your answer
to two decimal places.
22. In a poll conducted among 180 active investors, it was found that 100 use discount brokers, 122 use full-service
brokers, and 54 use both discount and full-service brokers. How many investors use only discount brokers?
Purchase answer to see full