The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States plays a major and key role in our banking system, the economy, our standard of living, foreign trade, employment, the value of the US dollar and even the trading of corporate stock.
But what do we really know about the Federal Reserve (FED)?
Let's find out something about the Fed. Use the links furnished below to find answers to the following questions. Other sources should be used to provide additional information and earn maximum credit.
1. Who owns the Federal Reserve? http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm
2. How much money is in the US and is it backed by gold?http://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_data.htm http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12770.htm
3. WHat is legal tender? http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency-coin.htm
4. Why do prices change and why does the Fed aim for a 2% inflation rate?http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/economy-jobs-prices.htm
5. Using other websites, determine the best you can if other people or institutions agree with these definitions.
Assignments 5 Rubric
Were all the questions answered in detail? This criteria is worth 0 to 15 points15 pts
Were other sources used to confirm or contradict the fed's definitions? This criteria is worth 0 to 15 points.15 pts
Was the assignment written with correct grammar and spelling and was the APA style used in references? This criteria is worth 1 to 10 points.10 pts
The syllabus requires a 50% reduction for late assignments.-1 pts
Total Points: 40