Unformatted Attachment Preview
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 12/04/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Organization Design &
Course Code: MGT404
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Level of Marks:
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (Both WORD and PDF format)
via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
• Demonstrate and analyze the organizational structure and the capability with
organization’s strategies. (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
• Define the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational
development (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
• Be sure to use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed reference in support of each
answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
• This Assignment comprise of a Case study.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
• Please read the case study entitled as “Amazon. com’s Network Structure.” available
in the textbook “Organization Development & Change” 9th edition by Cummings, T
and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
• Q.1 Explain how following a network-based structure is advantageous to Amazon in
terms of conducting its business activities. Support your answer by using two examples
from this case study (2.5 marks) (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
• Q.2 Discuss the potential challenges that could be facing Amazon as a result of
following a network-based structure. Support your answer by using two examples from
this case study (2.5 marks) (Lo 1.6 & 2.2)
• Q.3 Based on comparing product-centric with customer-centric structures, explain how
could Amazon.com empower its business partners that are seeking to centralize their
organization on either one of those structures (3 marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
• Q.4 What would you recommend as potential core processes if Amazon has decided to
follow a process-based structure? Explain and justify three of those processes (2 Marks)
(Lo 1.5 & 3.1)