Unformatted Attachment Preview
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 11/04/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Introduction to
Course Code: MGT311
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr. Farrukh Ahmad
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/5
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• Understand the concept of process selection, forecasting, capacity planning,
production forecast methods and schedule operations.
• Exercise critical thinking to analyze and synthesize information for scheduling
operations and ERP.
• Develop numerical skills needed to analyze complex data of process design,
quality management, capacity & scheduling planning to navigate in challenging
• Create the capacity to write coherent project about actual operation management
Sequence the jobs shown below by using a Gantt chart. Assume that the
move time between machines is one hour. Sequence the jobs in priority
order 1, 2, 3, 4.
Job Work Center/Machine Hours
Due Date (days)
A/3, B/2, C/2
B/6, A/1, C/3
C/4, A/1, B/2
a) Using finite capacity scheduling, draw a Gantt chart for the schedule.
b) What is the makespan?
c) How much machine idle time is there?
d) How much idle time (waiting time) is there for each job?
e) When is each job delivered?
f) Which department is the bottleneck?
g) Calculate the machine utilization?
A public accounting firm requires the following activities
for an audit:
a) Draw a network for this project?
b) Make a forward pass and a backward pass to determine ES, LS, EF,
c) What are the critical path?