the following is the list of the five best practices that managers in most industries take to protect the privacy of their employees and customers with specific examples to support these:
- start by identifying what type of personal information and how much your company can handle. as an example, an online game developing company include privacy measures as a factor that might limit business growth in s-1 filings leading up to their respective IPOs in 2012.
- you should understand your company's obligations and risks. for instance you should ask yourself these questions, do my company current privacy policies apply to our business activities? will customers be alarmed by the new policies? are these new policies legal?
- you should engage senior management in developing a privacy approach. you should reach agreement with your team to ensure the success of the program.
- you should create a game plan. after having a consensus with your executive member team on the type of a program, it is now time to create a plan of action.
- finally, you should establish away to measure success. for example you should ask yourselves the following questions, have we finish the policy rewriting process? have we avoided bad incidents?
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer