(1) Maintain a food diary for three days using MyFitnessPal, or a similar diet app.
(2) Write a nutritional self-assessment paper. In your paper, you will analyze your eating habits, food patterns, and nutrition intake.
Maintaining your diary:
You will use the MyFitnessPal food diary app to record everything that goes into your digestive system over the course of three days. Record everything you eat and drink, and record the name and dosage of any medications that you take, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements.
It is preferable to record your food intake for at least one non-school day or one non-weekday (for example, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). This way, you will see how your eating habits change with your schedule.
It is important that you take time each day to record your food, drink, and drug intake rather than relying on your memory. An honest, detailed diary will help you gain a better understanding of yourself personally and professionally.
Take screenshots of your MyFitnessPal food diary to include in your analysis paper. At the end of the three days, print the final report in MyFitnessPal to include with your written paper.
- Download/view the following files in the Worksheets, Forms, and Templates area at left:
- MyFitnessPal Assignment Instructions
- Nutrient Spreadsheet
- Guidelines for the Nutritional Self-assessment Paper
- Sample Nutritional Self-assessment Paper
Follow the instructions to get started with your food diary with MyFitnessPal.
- Complete and submit your Nutritional Self-assessment Paper:
- Your paper should be 5–8 pages in length including the screenshots.
- Attach a copy of your final report from MyFitnessPal along with your completed nutrient spreadsheet with your paper.
- Use APA and include a title and reference page.