Unformatted Attachment Preview
Chapter 9: Program 6 - Repeated Letters
CSCI111: Introduction to Computing
Assigned: Friday, April 17, 2020
Due: Friday, April 24, 2020 at midnight on Blackboard
a. Write a function named find doubleletter(word) which returns True if the word has a letter that is
’doubled’ in the word. For example, if the word is command then the function would return True because
’m’ is doubled. But if the word is repeated then the function would return False because while ’e’ is in
the word multiple times, it is not repeated in adjacent positions. That is the letter must be beside itself.
b. Write a function that searches words.txt and counts the number of words that have double letters of
any kind. You should use the function from part a in your code for part b.
Requirements for this program are as follows:
1. Your program must include a comment header with Author, Assignment (Program 6), Description,
and Due Date
2. Your function for part a must be named correcly
3. Your function for part a must correctly find double letters
4. Your function in part b must use your function from part a
5. You should print the final count of words in a clear and understandable way.
6. Your program that you submit must be a script in a file named program6 WillM.py where you
replace WillM with your first name and last initial.
7. Submit just that program on Blackboard under Chapter 9, Program 6.