Expansion into a Foreign Market, Part II
Note: Refer to Assignment 1 to complete this assignment.
Assume that the company reviewed, voted on, and accepted the study that you prepared for Assignment 1. Everyone involved is satisfied with your analysis of the country’s culture, politics, laws, ethics, and economics. Now, you are being asked to look into the business aspects of a deal, and report on customers, markets, competitors, and finances of one foreign organization with which the company might choose to deal. Note: Avoid expressing personal opinions of the market.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Select the organization that the company would like to deal with, and briefly describe its business profile. Note: Your description should include, at a minimum, but not be limited to the organization’s mission, lines of business, and main products / services.
- Analyze the fundamental approaches that the company might take in dealing with the proposed organization (e.g., export, FDI).
- Determine the best option for the company to use in order to minimize foreign exchange risks. Justify the response.
- Suggest two (2) ways in which the company could leverage politics and laws in order to maximize the probability of a successful deal. Provide a rationale for the response.
- Determine the key financial, operations, marketing, and human resources commitments that the company must make. Next, recommend one (1) strategy that the company could use in order to fulfill at least one (1) of these commitments. Justify the response.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites and blogs do not quality as academic resources.