Case Study 1: The Ideal HPC Programming Language
8 and worth 100 points
Read the article titled, “The Ideal HPC Programming Language” dated 2010,
Article Source: Loh, E. (2010, June). The ideal hpc
programming language. Queue, 8(6), 30.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the main points of the article.
- Describe one (1) way in which arrays are used in high-performance
- Explain one (1) new concept that you have learned about arrays and one (1)
new concept that you have learned about loops as a result of reading the
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Distinguish among the basic types, steps, and properties of
- Describe the use of arrays and subscripts, and the steps involved in
declaring, initializing, loading, and searching arrays.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer
- Write clearly and concisely about computer programming design topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style convention.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.