submission Formatting Instructions:
- Please include the questions in your response.
- Fonts preferred are opendyslexic (https://www.dafont.com/open-
dyslexic.font(Links to an external site.)) and Comic Sans (I know these are both VERY ugly distracting to work with for many people…feel free to convert to this font at the very end: you can do this by pressing CTRL+A, and then changing your font. All text will be switched, but will retain other formatting). Thanks to those who followed these guidelines on the extra credit assignments!
- Use parenthetical citations: using the ideas of other scholars without appropriately crediting them IS plagiarism, and parenthetical citations are the appropriate way to credit others (this is the case for every academic paper you’ll ever write).
Failure to abide by these instructions will result in grade reductions.
[6 pts.] Answer the following questions, including 2-4 sentences for each (1.5 pts each)
- What is the difference between preemptive and preventive war? Give a historical example of each.
- Using the bargaining model of war, show how the bargaining range would change if a new technology is discovered that reduces the cost of war for both sides. Is war now more or less likely?
- Discuss the role of information in the incidence of interstate conflict. Assuming all information about states could be made public and available, would wars still happen?
- What are coordination problems, cooperation problems, and collaboration problems, and how do they differ?
[8 pts] Answer the following questions, including 4-5 sentences for each (2 pts. each)
- What is the primary function of a transnational advocacy network in encouraging the adoption or change of international law?
- What are international norms? Do international norms change, or do they remain static? Define norm entrepreneur, and give an example of a successful norm entrepreneur.
- How are international laws created? How are international laws different from international norms? How can international laws become binding?
- Why is international finance desirable for borrowing countries? What are the costs of borrowing?
[5 points] Answer the following, 1-2 sentences each (1 pt. each)
- What is the Heckscher-Ohlin model used for?
- How does the Ricardo-Viner model differ from the Heckscher-Ohlin model?
- What are the factors associated with the Heckscher-Ohlin model?
- In the Heckscher-Ohlin model, what is the difference between human capital and unskilled labor?
- What is one reason countries may not engage in free trade, despite its benefits?
[6 points] Choose 1 of the following, and respond in 4-5 complete paragraphs. For this question, there is no single correct answer: I am grading based on your ability to make a clear, evidence-based argument. Please cite your sources.
Option 1: Part of the difficulty of limiting weapons of mass destruction is fundamentally a bargaining problem about power in the future. Is there a way to overcome this commitment problem through international institutions?
Option 2: Publics may benefit from globalization less than elites, and may oppose freer trade if they believe it will harm them. What role does information play in the populist backlash against globalization, and how does this affect the politics of economic policy?
Option 3: If the People’s Republic of China surpasses the United States as the world hegemon, what international institutions, laws, and norms are likely to change? What determines which institutions will be durable and which are only propped up by the powerful?
Explanation & Answer
Hey there, I have completed the assignment. Please find attached. It’s nice working with you. Feel free to contact me if you need anything. Goodbye
Menstrual Disorder Worksheet
Diagnostic evaluation for each
Abnormal vaginal bleeding
(Symptoms indicating the
quantity and duration of
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
(In what three stages of a
woman’s life will you see this
type of bleeding?)
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Copyright© 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
International relations Q& A
International relations Q& A
[6 pts.] Answer the following questions, including 2-4 sentences for each (1.5
1. What is the difference between preemptive and preventive war? Give a historical
example of each.
Preemptive war refers to a war that was started in an attempt to repel an
imminent threat or secure an advantage over the enemy (Smith, 2007). For
example, World War I can be viewed as a preemptive war. Preventive war one
that looks to prevent and avoid the occurrence of conflicts in the future, e.g. the
United States war against Iran.
2. Using the bargaining model of war, show how the bargaining range would change
if a new technology is discovered that reduces the cost of war for both sides. Is
war now more or less likely?
The bargaining model considers the war in a similar way to politics; the warring
parties have to pay for the cost of the war. The bargaining range would shift
with the invention of technology that reduces the cost of war; there would be an
increase in the bargaining range (Haynes, 2015). Therefore, war is less likely as
there would be the use of other approaches in addressing the conflicts.
3. Discuss the role of information in the incidence of interstate conflict. Assuming
all information about states could be made public and available, would wars still...