HEALTHCARE SERVICE PROVIDER
Ambulatory care provider
Roles of various stakeholders
Emerging roles associated with the ambulatory care provider
Services and products are financed or paid for
Current and future trends
• Ambulatory care is medical care provided to the patient in the outpatient
department without admission to the hospital.
• The medical services included in this category are
urgent care clinics
ambulatory surgical centers
hospital outpatient departments
offices of physicians as well as other health care professionals
• The care includes advanced medical procedures as well as technology.
• The care is provided under various settings
AMBULATORY CARE PROVIDER
• The ambulatory care provider is a healthcare professional that practices
general medicine and provides services in the outpatient department (OPD)
of the hospital.
• They are primarily responsible for the patients of all ages categories in OPD.
• They do a routine check-up and other medical examinations.
• They are the primary care doctors of the patient who deals with most of the
• Ambulatory care providers have the ability to work in different settings like
clinics, emergency rooms, doctor's offices, etc.
• If a patient experiences a continuous problem and the provider is not able to
resolve it then the patient is referred to the specialist.
• Ambulatory care providers provide a number of services to their
Diagnose and examine acute and chronic illnesses
Takes care of the health of their patients by providing education
• They provide all the services to the patients who visit the health care
facility or clinic.
ROLES OF VARIOUS STAKEHOLDERS
• Patients who are the consumer of the business....
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer