Literacy Lesson Plan
Create a developmentally appropriate literacy lesson plan that supports language and literacy experiences.
Include the following in your lesson plan, using the template:
- Identify the lesson objectives.
- Describe the alignment with language and literacy standards.
- Describe the lesson procedure. This should be detailed so that another teacher could use this to implement the lesson.
- Explain strategies to support children learning a second language.
- Explain modifications for students with special needs.
- Identify appropriate materials. Use the textbook and at least one outside resource, with citations in APA format.
- Create an assessment plan. How will you measure improvement?
Your one- to two-page lesson plan should utilize the template
be in-depth so another reader would know exactly what to do if they
were teaching the lesson. It must be formatted according to APA style,
citing two to three scholarly resources (including the course text).
Since you will be using a template, it is not necessary to include a
title and cover page.
Since this is an assignment that you will be able to use in your future
role, share your lesson plan with the class through the Doc Sharing
tab. Doing this will allow others to see various language lessons.This
will provide you with peer feedback that could help you to continue to
grow. That said, you will still need to upload your assignment for
grading as a Word file.
When you submit your assignments each week, they will be returned to you
with specific feedback. This feedback should be used to revise the
assignment for the Final Project. Please make the necessary corrections
and save for Week Five use in the Final Project.